Different heating options for warehouses
If you have a large warehouse space with employees working all year round in often cold conditions then you need a suitable warehouse heating system. At TPS we can help you find the ideal heating system for your warehouse space that will be cost effective as well as the ideal solution for keeping your staff warm. The most common warehouse heating system we have is warm air blowers which are an ideal industrial heating unit for warehouses. Before deciding on the best option it is practical to consider the pros and cons to having a warm air blower system operating in your warehouse space which are listed below.
- Energy Efficient
- Low running costs
- Comfortable and even heat distribution
- Suspended units leaving the floor space unaffected
- Year round usage for air movement and cooling
- Multi are heating via ductwork
- Energy cost savings of approximately 15 – 25 %
- Suspended units will require cleaning
- Requires regular servicing to be maintained
- Can be noisy
- Produces a dry heat which can cause dry skin, lips and can affect asthma suffers working in the area
- Expensive to purchase and install
- If you have warehouse doors open on a regular basis it can cause temperature issues and increase costs.
- You may require added insulation to prevent damp from condensation
- Routing ducts requires a professional and can be expensive
There are many benefits to warm air blower systems and they are far more common in warehouse spaces than radiant heaters. Warm air blowers will give a far more even distribution of heat than a radiant heater but you do need to consider all the heating options available to you before you make a decision. Whichever route you choose to go down, heating a warehouse space is not cheap and because of the expense involved you really need to be certain which solution will suit your requirements best. At TPS we can go through all the heating options available to you and advise you on what might be best.
One of the fist things we would do is understand the size of your warehouse. From this we can help you to decide if you would benefit from suspended industrial heating units or free standing units. Our aim is to provide you with a heating solution that works for you in terms of cost and also effectiveness.